Upcoming Exams Test Series
Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman K Sivan was awarded the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award by the Tamil Nadu government.
The Kalam award is to honour those who work for promoting scientific growth, humanities and students' welfare and the awardees should hail from Tamil Nadu. The award carries 8 gm gold medal, Rs. five lakh in cash and a citation.
Deepak Punia won gold at the Junior World Championships in Tallinn, Estonia.
Deepak beat Russia's Alik Shebzukov to win the 86kg junior freestyle title which follows the silver he won in the category in 2018.
Vicky Chahar, on the other hand, won bronze in the 92 kg category by beating Mongolia's Batmagnai Enkhtuvshin.
Both Deepak and Chahar had won gold and bronze respectively in the 2016 Cadet World Championships that was held in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Former India opener and national selector VB Chandrasekhar committed suicide over debts. He was 57.
Chandrasekhar played seven ODIs between 1988 and 1990, scoring only 88 runs, but at the domestic level, he was prolific for a few seasons, aggregating 4,999 runs in 81 games with the highest score of 237 not out.
Name of MoU/Agreement:
1. MoU between Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) of the Government of Republic of India and Department of Information Technology and Telecom (DITT) of the Royal Government of Bhutan on the establishment of SATCOM Network for the Utilization of South Asia Satellite
2. MoU between the Air Accident Investigation Unit (AAIU), Ministry of Information and Communications, Royal Government of Bhutan, and Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Civil Aviation, the Republic of India on cooperation Relating to Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation
3. MoU between National Knowledge Network of India (NKN), National Information Center, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Department of Information Technology & Telecom ( Druk Research and Education Network on Peering Agreement
4. Power Purchase Agreement Between PTC India Limited and Druk Green Power Corporation Limited for Sale and Purchase of Mangdechhu Power
5. MoU between Bhutan National Legal Institute and National Judicial Academy, Bhopal, on cooperation in Judicial Education and Mutual Exchanges
6. MoU between Jigme Singye Wangchuck School of Law, Thimphu, Bhutan, and National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India, on enhancing relations between the two parties and seeking to develop academic and cultural interchange in the areas of legal education and research
7. MoU between the Royal University of Bhutan and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
8. MoU between the Royal University of Bhutan and Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
9. MoU between the Royal University of Bhutan and National Institute of Technology, Silchar
10. MoU between the Royal University of Bhutan and Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Raksha Mantri ShriRajnath Singh has approved setting up of a Committee under the Chairmanship of Director General (Acquisition) to review the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2016 and Defence Procurement Manual (DPM) 2009.
The Committee will revise and align the procedures with the aim of ensuring a seamless flow from asset acquisition to life cycle support.
The Geographical Indication (GI) under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade has recently registered 4 new GIs.
PalaniPanchamirtham from Palani Town in Dindigul District of Tamil Nadu State, Tawlhlohpuan and Mizo Puancheifrom the state of Mizoram and Tirur Betel leaf from Kerala are the latest additions to the list of registered GIs.
GI is an indication used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin. Such a name conveys an assurance of quality and distinctiveness which is essentially attributable to its origin in that defined geographical locality.
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) will be organizing a one-day national workshop cum exhibition at Vigyan Bhawan on 19 August 2019.
Thawar Chand Gehlot, Union Minister, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJ&E) will be the Chief Guest of the event.
The workshop which will also be graced by Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs will see participation from over 800 representatives including the Principal Secretaries (UD) and Mission Directors of AMRUT and Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U) in States/Union Territories and Municipal Commissioners of 500 cities with population of 1 lakh and above, heads of Parastatal bodies, officials from MoHUA as well as MoSJ&E and development partners.
Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival), a joint initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) being held at Polo Ground, Leh-Ladakh.
The theme of the festival is: “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”. TRIFED essentially is to play the role of a ‘Service provider’ & ‘Market Developer.’
The event will see around 160 Tribal artisans from more than 20 states across the country, actively participating and showcasing their masterpieces.