Upcoming Exams Test Series
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the Promulgation of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Ordinance, 2019.
The proposed Ordinance will immediately tackle the menace of illicit deposit-taking activities in the country launched by rapacious operators, which at present are exploiting regulatory gaps and lack of strict administrative measures to dupe poor and gullible people of their hard-earned savings, by altogether banning unregulated deposit taking schemes, and having adequate provisions for punishment and disgorgement / repayment of deposits in cases where such schemes nonetheless manage to raise deposits illegally.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval to the Setting up of a new company under Department of Space (DoS), to commercially exploit the research and development work carried out by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Centers and constituent units of DOS.
The following areas/avenues provide opportunities for commercial exploitation of ISRO programmes:
i. Small satellite technology transfer to industry, wherein the new company shall take license from DoS/ISRO and sub-license to industries;
ii. Manufacture of small satellite launch vehicle (SLV) in collaboration with the Private Sector;
Productionisation of Polar SLV through industry;
iii. Productionisation and marketing of Space-based products and services, including launch and applications;
iv. Transfer of Technology developed by ISRO Centers and constituent units of DoS;
v. Marketing of some spin-off technologies and products, both in India and abroad; and
vi. Any other subject which Government of India deems fit.
List of MoUs/Agreements signed during State Visit of Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia to India:
1. Memorandum of Understanding on investing in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2. Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the field of Tourism between the Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of India and the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3. Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of Saudi Arabia for Cooperation in the Field of Housing.
4. Framework Cooperation Program between Invest India of the Republic of India and Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Enhancing Bilateral Investment Relations.
5. MoU for Cooperation on Broadcasting between Prasar Bharati, New Delhi, India and Saudi Broadcasting Corporation (SBC), Saudi Arabia for Exchange of Audio Visual Programme.
List of MoUs/Agreements signed during visit of External Affairs Minister to Morocco:
1. Setting up of Joint Working Group on Counter Terrorism.
2. Cooperation in Housing and Human Settlement
3. Cooperation in Youth Matters
4. Reciprocal facilitation of procedures for issue of Business Visa
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) released second edition of Startup Ranking for 2019.
The Startup Ranking framework aims to rank the States/UTs for establishing a robust ecosystem for supporting Startups. The framework also encourages States and UTs to identify, learn and replicate good practices from each other.
Contact Us for any Query